Friday 16 December 2011

I love Christmas; I always have. I have so many happy memories of wonderful, family Christmas',  parties,and lights. Why is it that this year just seams so....well, I am not sure of the right word. Not totally overwhelming but pretty close to it.
This past year to eighteen months has been so hectic. And now we are a week away from Christmas and I am just starting to shop. There was a time when I used to have all my Christmas shopping finished by September/October. This year it seems so different. I am totally at a loss what to buy. What do you buy for a son who is just about to turn 21? Or 19 and 18 year olds who seem to be able to get everything they want for themselves? My 15 year old just started her first job, so she has been buying most of what she was wishing for herself.  What? What? What?
I miss the days when it was easier. When Christmas morning they would sneak out of bed long before dawn and be totally in awe of all the little gifts that Santa had left behind. Now their friend's talk of iphones, laptops, and endless electrical good.
How do you get back to the spirit of Christmas? It's more than just carols, christmas music, decorations, and even church.

No comments:

Post a Comment