Wednesday 29 August 2012

Vegetarian to vegan

Last November I decided to switch from begin vegetarian to vegan. I have tried in the past, and failed. Although I have been a vegetarian since 10, and didn't drink milk or eat eggs (unless they were in something)I found it hard to go completely vegan. I would try for a few weeks and the smell of a cheese pizza or vegie lasagne would draw me in again. Just after my last birthday I decided to give it an honest try. My weight is huge and the junk food is killing me. Most of the rest of the family are vegetarian (except our 7 year old who loves meat), so it hasn't been that hard this time. Last night I cooked up Zucchini balls for the tribe, and James asked if I would share some recipes on my blog so he can use them when he is back at university. So here is the first of many vegetarian or vegan recipes the we use. Zucchini Balls
500g (17.6 oz)Grated Zucchini. pinch of salt, 1 small onion grated. 1 teaspoon, 1/2 cup fetta grated, 4 eggs lightly beaten, half cup plain flour (all-purpose flour). half cup Self-raising flour. 1 grated carrot. ground pepper to taste. Put all these ingredients in a bowl and stir till mixed. spoon balls of stuff in hot oil.; cook. These work well with greek yought, chive and garlic combine as a dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment