Sunday 22 July 2012

Family Birthday

Sometimes some habits never change. I took my mom out shopping on Friday because she has been sick and hasn't been out shopping in weeks. Mom decides to by banana's, white bread and heaps of frozen cheese burgers. As we are leaving she asks if I can stop at McDonald's where she brought herself some double cheese burgers. Last night we decide to take her out to a restaurant with the whole family for her 64th birthday (we also thought it might help cheer her up as she was just told she has emphysema because of her smoking :o( ). We order healthy food and she orders cheese burgers. So I guess no matter how much we love someone we always have our free agency.
Despite this it was a fun night. Richard came from Sydney with his partner, and Scarlett and her new partner came along; the only ones missing was James and his partner. Becca and Emily played on lots of games and had a great time. It was really nice to go out as a family. Happy birthday Mom; thank-you for bringing me to this earth and I hope you have many more happy years.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having problems stopping a popcorn addiction. I guess at least she bought some bananas right? lol. I must admit that's a lot of hamburgers. Sometimes letting people make mistakes is a difficult thing...Heavenly Father lets us do it though. I thought you have a great perspective. Pretty cake, btw.

    ReplyDelete