Tuesday 17 July 2012

Job or no job?

I am not sure why; perhaps it was insecurity; Insecurity in my abilities; but today I went for a job interview. I just wanted to see if I still have what it takes to get a job (as I haven't worked since before Becky was born two years ago).It was a community organisation and they are offering over $50,000 (starting salary)but they want someone full-time. They seemed very interested in me and they asked me to come in for the interview just 20 minutes after I emailed them my application. I walked out of the interview and decided I didn't want the job. I guess I am enjoying being a mom right now.Is that dumb? I realise that us both working would make us economically better off, but am left wondering what it would cost our family. It's school holidays here now. And it is nice to just have the family around.James came home for 2 weeks from university. It was good to see him; I don't think any of the kids realise how much I miss them when they are gone. Richard is suppose to be coming down next weekend for Nanna's 64th birthday.We are planning on taking her out to a restraurant. Last week I had my best friend from High School come and stay here with two of her kids. My friend and I have known each other since we were 13 years old and she is the one that I trust with most of my lifes secrets.She is the one I have turned to each tiime I have experienced trouble. For just a few days we were able to just go out and chat and be ourselves. That felt good. I think I need to get more time like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment