Wednesday 18 January 2012

Counting Blessings

I am impatient. I am a perfectionist. And lately these to things have been coloring my life.
Since I submitted my assignment I have been watching and watching and watching my University web site to see if I would be good enough to pass. If God would grant this miracle. I have lost count (after about 30 times each day) about how many times I would log on, see nothing was there, bag myself out and try to focus on other stuff in my life this past two weeks. Mr D has been so encouraging and has tried to get me to have patients, but my stubborn pigheadedness has made it hard. Finally yesterday I decided to try to just let it be.
We just heard that our car has been written off by our insurance company because they undervalue our car. Four years ago we struggled to get a loan, and with much prayer we were granted the opportunity to get a loan for a family car. The car was over $10,000 and interest rates were high so we paid it off in a little over a year. We kept up the care of that car and had it fully insured. The insurance company contacted me yesterday to say that they were going to write off the vehicle because repairs were going to cost more than $5500 and that they value the car at less than $5000. Is that nuts?? How can car insurance companies do this?? The world did seem like a tough place yesterday.
All this time, we tried to have faith; we just wanted Heavenly Father to do it in our time.
I saw this this morning;

Maybe this is the message I was meant to see. I decided to let Heavenly Father do it in his time. As I decided this, we found a car (and the money to pay cash)that we will look at this afternoon. I also just recieved an email from my lecturer stating that she has maked my final paper. I have been given a Distinction.
Maybe it is time that I remember D&C 84: 81 and 88 which said; “Therefore, take ye no thought for the morrow, for what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, or wherewithal ye shall be clothed . . . for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.”
We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment