Saturday 28 January 2012

Theme for the year???

We are not even through the first month of 2012 and already it seems like I can't help but count my blessings. Sure, like Christmas there are times when I can't help but scream with frustration with the tribes behaviour. In the past week these have included;
-they are still on school holidays for another week and although I love them dearly; they can drive anyone nuts!!!
-Becky is teething and seems to want us to by her side continually
-Caitlyn can walk out of a Fun Park or movie theatre and say with a sigh how bored she is
-Emily decided to remove all of Mr D's tiny chillis from the plant
-and Mr D has his moments when he seems overwhelmed with all that he is facing).
But mostly I am so very thankful for all that we have.
Mr D went out and brought me a "soccer mom" car. It's a beautiful second hand Mazda MPV automatic. I remember years ago when Mr D moved over here and we were looking for a car I listed that as my dream car. Sometimes he suprises me with what he remembers.
The other day I was reading a fellow Bloggers blog and was reminded that we are all on seperate journies and I should count my many blessings.
I often read Naomi Ellis blog at http://www.sevencherubs.com . Anyother mom with seven children deserves to have hats taken off to them. The thing that I am learning more and more is that blogging is also a community that can support one another through thick and thin. Naomi mentioned a fellow Lds blogger that has just come into one of the hardest times of her life. Four months ago Lisa lost her beautiful son and on Australia Day she suddenly lost her husband.Her blog is;http://lisajking.blogspot.com/ and donations can be made through
http://www.mycause.com.au/mycause/raise_money/fundraise.php?id=50028
I am so blessed at the moment. I am thankful for Mr D and all of the tribe. I am thankful that I was able to get through a University Degree whilst still being a mom. I am thankful for all that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment