Thursday 2 February 2012

Mr D's birthday

School holidays are almost finished. On Monday Caitlyn will start year 7. It seems like yesterday when we enrolled her in kindergaten and she strolled in and proudly told us we were not needed anymore and to go home. They grow up so very fast.She seems alot more nervous about starting High School. I hope she loves it as must as Savannah and James did.
Today is Mr D's Birthday. He wants to down play it, but we are going out to a family restaurant with the kids to celebrate (both the birthday and the fact that we survived school holidays).We went to Henry's Family restaurant, although the food wasn't very good the kids loved the games room. We came back home for a nice bithday cake. Becky loved to toast Daddy with a glass of soda.


The weather here is cold and rainy, which is strange for this time of year in Australia. I think we would both musch rather curl up in bed with a good book (and each other) than go out, but I we are getting pretty stir crazy been home so much in this weather.
I also got accepted to the Australian Catholic University to undertake a Masters of Social Work. I am both thrill and nervous at the same time. Thrilled that I get to learn some more; I love studying. But nervous as it means juggling study, family and life once again. I have enrolled full time (and that takes two more years) but I am willing to cut down to part time once again if my family need me. It is looking like a challenging year, but one that I am looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment