Thursday 9 February 2012

Back to the grind.

Perhaps I jumped the gun. At the start of the week I thought Caitlyn would handle the transition to High School. She even said it was fine. Soon after I posted last she came into our bedroom and told us that it was horrible, that she couldn't sleep (it was midnight by then; so I must admit I was exhusted), and that she wasn't even going to try to make friend's at her new school. This theme has continued with her all week.
Savannah has antagonized the situation further by trying to "find Caitlyn friend's". I know Savannah means well, and that she is a peer group leader at school but I must admit if my sister had tried this with me...... I don't know what I would have done.


Emily on the other hand; bounded into school and is loving it. She started in a new class, with none of her old friends, but remarkably she has just taken it in her stride.
I guess it all goes to show that children are all individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment