Monday 6 February 2012

Caity's first day at High School

Today Caitlyn started High School (year 7). Last year we moved to the otherside of the city and Caity would bus it across town at 7am to get to school. I really admired her determination as it was often 5pm before she made it back home here each day. That was a really long day for somebody who was 11 years old. Savannah transfered across to the local High School last April so she was use to this school before her final year of High School. I was really worried about Caity as even on open day she didn't seem to fit in. She told me that she spent the whole day listening to her ipod and hated her new school; so I was thrilled when she greated me with a smile today and told me her new teachers are awesome.I had to change schools 13 times in 13 years as my family moved around alot, so I have tried to create stability in these kids lives. Tomorrow Emily starts back in grade one. Lets hope that this goes off without incident.
Today was also the Super Bowl, so I took Emily and Rebecca out shopping so Mr D could watch it in peace. The girls were a handful but I was glad that I took them out. This year it seems like there are so many school supplies that I have had to get. It always seems like a budgeting exercise that never gets any easier. I also found myself wondering if I am going to be able to juggle enough time to share with these two when university goes back. I told Mr D that if I can't I will drop down to part time so I can get the chance to be the best mom I can be. Does that sound like an excuse??? I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment